How much does the school cost?

$6000.00 plus $150.00 book fee

How long is the course?

Roughly 6 months. It is a 540 hour program which includes 40 outside hours massaging friends and family. Class meets Monday – Thursday for 5 hours per day. This comes to 25 course weeks (not counting holidays etc.)

How much outside time is expected?

The main outside requirement is for the student to complete 40 hours of outside massage using friends and relatives etc. (these are free massages with no tipping per SC State Law)

What classes are involved in the coursework?

For about half the course there are two classes: Massage Therapy and Anatomy and Physiology. These meet two days each week for five hours. About half way through the course these classes will meet only one day a week and the other two days will be spent in Clinics where the students massage the general public.

How can missed hours be made up?

State Law requires that all hours be with an instructor or LMT. Generally, hours can be made up by attending another class. Occasionally, the school attends massage events in the community on non-school days and these can be used as make up hours. Absences are strongly discouraged due to the volume of course work covered in each class. As a last resort students can continue taking classes past their graduation date in order to complete their 500 hours.

Is there any financial assistance?

At this time there are no loans or grants offered by the school. A payment plan can be set up. This plan can extend beyond the six months however, transcripts will be held until the agreement has been satisfied. All payment plans must be strictly adhered to or dismissal and or fine will be rendered. If payments are more than 5 days late then a $50.00 late fee will be added to the balance. Transcripts will not be released until all money is paid

What level of instruction can be expected?

All coursework is at a college level. Ample time outside of class will be needed to study and prepare for this profession. A grade of no lower than 70% must be maintained in both Massage Therapy and Anatomy and Physiology.

When all the coursework and hours have been completed will I be a massage therapist?

Carolina School of Massage offers the 500 hours required by most States as well as preparation for a career in Massage therapy. However, in order to become a Licensed Massage therapist (LMT) you must pass the State exam – MBLEX. Carolina School of massage does not administer this exam. The students sign up on line and can take it in Greenville. To become a LMT you must successfully pass your 500 hour program and pass the MBLEX test.

Where are you located?

We are conveniently located in the Merovan Business Center.  Our address is 1200 Woodruff Rd. Suite A9, Greenville, SC 29607.  Our entrance is directly across the street from Sam’s Club.

What types of massage do you offer?

We offer a variety of styles and techniques including Swedish, hot stone, and deep tissue.  We also offer pre and post natal massage and sports massage.  We can create a fun/relaxing spa package to suit your needs.  We would be happy to speak with you about your specific needs.  We can also customize packages for you.  Give us a call and we would be happy to assist you.  864-234-7191

What are your prices?

Check out our pricing guide under the Wellness Center tab at the top of the page.  You can also call us at 864-234-7191 and we would be happy to go over pricing with you.

Do you provide massage services for events?

We do participate in outside events.  Send us an email at carolinaschoolofmassage@gmail.com with the specific details about your event and what you are requesting and we will be happy to discuss pricing options with you.

Do you offer massages for couples?

Yes, as a matter of fact we do.  Check out our pricing information under the Wellness Center tab at the top of the page or call us at 864-234-7191 for pricing.

How do I purchase a massage or package?

There are a few ways that you can do this.  You can check out our pricing and package guide located under the Wellness Center tab at the top of the page and you can purchase directly online, you can call us at 864-234-7191 and we can process your credit card over the phone, or you can stop by our office at 1200 Woodruff Rd. Suite A9, Greenville, SC 29607

Do you have licensed therapists or are you a school?

We are both.  We have licensed massage therapists for the Wellness Center to offer professional massage.  But we are also a school.  Please check out the School of Massage tab at the top of the page for more information about our school and what we offer.

How do I find out more information about the school?

Check out the School of Massage tab at the top of the page.  There is a lot of information for you there including our program catalog and school application.  You can call us at 864-234-7191 and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.  Or you can stop by and visit us at 1200 Woodruff Rd. Suite A9, Greenville, SC 29607.

How do I find out when your enrollment dates are?

Check out the School of Massage tab at the top of the page and check out our program catalog.  Also, feel free to contact us at 864-234-7191.  Classes typically start approximately every three months.

What is your pass rate for the school and the exam?

We have a 100% pass rate for the school itself and 95% pass rate on the national exam.  We walk you through the course and give you the information that you need to be successful on your exam as well as in your future career as a licensed therapist.

What are the deadlines for enrollment?

We require that your book fee and initial deposit be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to the start of the course.

How can I pay for my schooling?

We have in house financing available.  We are a WIOA approved provider of education for those that qualify.  Check with your local WIOA office to see if you qualify.  We are also an approved provider of training for SC Vocation Rehabilitation for those that qualify.

Can I still work while going to school?

Absolutely!  We offer both day and night classes so that students can still work while attending our program.

What are your class hours?

Our classes are Monday through Thursday.  Day classes run from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM and the night classes run from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM.

Are there any pre-requisites to attend your school?

We require that you have a high school diploma or GED.  We need an official copy of those transcripts.  But there are not any pre-requisite classes that you must take.  We give you everything you need for class time.

What types of students do you have?

You can be a new high school graduate looking to start your first career, you may be looking for a change in career path, you may be looking to add new skills to your already established profession, or anything in between.

Do you have more than one location?

No, we are located at 1200 Woodruff Rd. Suite A9, Greenville, SC 29607.

Can I take any of my classes online?

No, we do not offer any courses or classes online.  All classes are held in school on location at 1200 Woodruff Rd Suite A9, Greenville, SC 29607.

Will I be working on people for practice before I leave the program?

Yes.  We have a clinical setting.  You will be in the class room 4 days a week for the first half of the program.  Then approximately half way through the program you will drop down to 2 days of class time and the other 2 days will be spent in clinicals working on the public.  You will also get practice working on your friends and family throughout the program outside of class time.

Will I have to schedule my own appointments for clinicals?

No, our receptionist will handle all of the scheduling for your clinicals.

Do you assist with job placement?

We have a job posting board where we will post job opportunities as we are notified of them.  We get calls quite frequently looking to hire new graduates.  When we get those calls, we will post the information on the board for students to inquire about the position.

Can I transfer credits for prior learning?

We do not accept any credits for prior learning from any other institutions.

Will my classes at Carolina School of Massage transfer to other schools?

We cannot guarantee that any of our courses will transfer to any other school.  You will need to check with that institution for their rules and guidelines.

Will I be required to maintain Continuing Education Credits?

Yes, Licensed Massage Therapists are required to provide proof of Continuing Education Credits.  Check with your particular state of licensure for specific requirements.

Do you offer Continuing Education Classes?

We offer Continuing Education classes.  Look under the School of Massage tab and then click on Continuing Education at the top of the page for a list of current classes that are being offered.

As a student, if a client leaves a tip or payment for services, can I accept it?

No, students are not permitted to accept any form of tip or payment for their massage services.  During clinical times, clients can leave a donation for the school if they so desire, but the students are not permitted to personally keep any form of payment for services.  This is a guideline of the Labor and Licensing Board and must be followed both in and outside of school.

Current Catalog

Download Now